Sunday, January 24, 2016

Time Travel Isn't What It Used to Be! — Live-Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues





























Here are Week 157 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!


"A man's life is in jeopardy." "So's mine." "Rixey, I never knew you were a coward." "Arkaby, you're reckless. You've always been reckless."

"That's it? I make you look bad?" "Well sure." Regi says "Rixey go hide in a hole. I'm going to save my Dad." Rixey says "See what I mean?"

Regi takes off down the corridor. I follow, leaving the others behind. Before I catch up to her I experience the vertigo of a gravity shift.

It's as if the hall surrounding the Body Parts R Us particle accelerator actually is a gravity generator and abruptly goes off and on again.

Ahead of me, Regi drops to her knees. The walls around me shift. I recognize them now. This is what they looked like when I first came here.

Regi says "W-What happened?" "The IVR must have connected all the world's particle accelerators. We just experienced another shift in time."

"Like the 1983 Marines invading my Caribbean med school?" "Yes." "And Victorian London at the airport?" "Your father warned me about this."

"When are we now?" "Don’t you recognize these hallways?" Regi looks around. "This looks like Body Parts R Us before my father was killed."

"We have minutes before we shift to our own time. Where would your un-deceased father be now?" "In his office, Farley's future safe room."

"The hallways are returned to square corners. I'm not sure where to go." Regi says "Follow me." We make several right and left angle turns.

Several more turns and Regi says "Here we are." We stand at a nondescript door centered in a nondescript hallway, so I won't describe them.

"This is his office?' "It was." It's a moment of truth. I have seconds to pick words that will persuade Willum Granger to change the future.

I must choose my words carefully. I say "Knock, knock." From inside a voice says "Who's there?" Oh no! I'm not falling for that one again!

I don't have time to play word games! I yank open the door and say "I come from the future!" Granger says "You come from the future? Who..."

"No time for knock knock repartee! Don't upgrade your answering machine!" "Huh?" He sees Regi behind me. "Regi? What are you doing here?"

"I came with Arkaby." She nods at me. "You're also from the future?" "Yes." "But I saw you this morning. You're here in this time as well!"

"We both are." "You look different. Have you put on weight?" "I'm a med student." "Ah and you're older. How far in the future are you from?"

"It's better if I don't tell you too much." "Fair enough." "You shouldn't know that Bush’s Iraq war leads to disastrous consequences." "OK."

I say "Uh, Regi, maybe..." "I shouldn't tell you that a black man becomes 44th President of the United States." "Really? Oh, sure." "Regi!"

"And I definitely shouldn't reveal they deciphered the human genome in 2001." "The human genome? I have thoughts about improving it." "Um."

"I can rewrite DNA sequences to add phenotype advances to cloned body parts! The sky's the limit!" I ask "As in up, up and away?" "Exactly!"

The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery

No comments:

Post a Comment