Sunday, August 16, 2015

Monsters From the Id! — Live-Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues

Here are Week 134 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance! I turn to Stuart.

"There's something you're not telling us. Regi has an inkling, but she's not sure. That's why you two have been fighting."

Regi says "What are you doing?" "Getting to the bottom of things." "Why?" "That's what we detectives do. We get to the bottom of things."

Stuart edges towards the door. I say "What's the hurry?" "No hurry but it's quite late and..." "Why don't you tell Regi who you really are?"

Regi says "I hope to God you know what you're doing." I don't respond but continue staring at the individual who calls himself 'Stuart.'

He says "I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about." Regi says "What the point of confronting him now? Why are you doing this?"

"Because, my own true love, I've got to keep track of all this dizzy affair's loose ends if I'm ever going to make heads or tails of it."

"I'd have deduced the truth about him when he first materialized had his resemblance to Willum Granger not thrown me off the scent."

He says "Ha! That I doubt!" Undaunted I continue "I convinced myself you were Granger's ghost come seeking vengeance from beyond the grave."

"Maybe my visitor was a Granger clone, assembled with the parts left over from his ill-advised self-enhancement." Stuart snorts derisively.

"I wasn't fooled. I'd always thought Willum resembled a dopey-looking Walter Pigeon, especially as he appeared in Forbidden Planet (1952)."

Regi says "You're drifting off target. What does a Sci-Fi flick about a destructive mind enhancing super machine have to do with my father?"

"The truth was in front of me from the beginning, like the Krell Machine in Forbidden Planet. Also, your father looked like Walter Pidgeon."

"You really think he resembled Walter Pidgeon?" I held up my phone "Decide yourself. Here's a sketch of your father:"




Regi studies the image "My father looks like Stuart." Stuart says "We're twins!" I swipe the image. "Here's Pidgeon:"

The photo shows a movie scene of Pidgeon standing next to Robby the Robot. "That's a robot!" "No. The guy next to the robot." "Oh. Yeah."

"Walter Pidgeon does look like my father. And you too Uncle." She shows my phone photo to Stuart. He says "I don't see any resemblance."

Regi hands me back my phone "What does it matter who my father looked like? He's dead!" "I believe Stuart isn't who he says he is." "Huh?"

"He's misled us from the beginning!" "Mislead us how?" ""Look at the evidence. You don't hear from Stuart for years. You think he is dead."

"Then your father is brutally murdered under puzzling circumstances.” “Puzzling?” “In the sense that he was cut into pieces." "Not funny."

"Exactly. Just gruesome enough that we wouldn’t pay attention while A performed the autopsy." "A murdered my father!" "He thought he did."

"It always seemed to me too complicated and fantastic for A to murder Granger with fast-dissolving sutures and the Call to Post ring tone."

The Twitter Mystery continues daily at 
@Twitstery

No comments:

Post a Comment