Sunday, August 2, 2015

Less is Moore — Live-Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues

Here are Week 132 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!

Regi and Stuart look embarrassed. They say "We're sorry!" A thought occurs to me. I say "Stuart, you don't know what you're doing, do you?

"You fumble along by guess and by God. You trick me into finding Regi on pretext of probing your paradigm shift." "I didn't need finding!"

"And yet I found you.” Regi frowns. “Now I find MYSELF accused of murder, confronting a triplicate of Willum Granger who shouldn't exist."

"Now what's this all about?" "Suppose I wouldn't tell you anything at all about it? What would you do? Something wild and unpredictable?"

"Yes. Wild and unpredictable is my middle name." "You have a middle name?" "Yes." Regi glances at Stuart who stares stoicly at the floor.

"Well? I'm listening." Regi wriggles a finger at the clock. "Look at the time! I must go!" I shook my head "Not until you tell me about it."

Regi says "You're the most insistent person." "Yes. And wild and unpredictable. What's the mystery you and Stuart are all steamed up about?"

"Moore's Law." "You're arguing philosophy?" "What?" "Moore's Law says you can make two logical statements which, taken together,are absurd."

“WHAT are you talking about?" "Like if you say it's raining, but I don't believe that it is raining. Moore's Law!" "That's not Moore's Law!"

"Sure it is." "GE Moore?" "Yes GE." Stuart says "Moore's Law is about transistors doubling every two years increasing computer capabilities"

"No it isn't." "You mean Moore's Paradox." "He had a paradox too?" "Different Moore." "More different?" "G Earle Moore, not G Edward Moore."

"There's more than one Moore?" "Many Moores." "How many, more or less?" "Just Moore. We were discussing Moore's Law not Moore's Paradox."

"What's the difference?" "Moore's Law is how computers to reach human level intellect. Moore's Paradox determines that this has happened."

"I don't get it." "Simple. Gordon EARLE Moore predicted the density of transistors, hence computer powers, doubles every two years." "OK."

"Why were you fighting over transistors?" "The question is, when does this doubling allow human-level intelligence and self-awareness?"

"How would you know?" "My brother Willum believed the Singularity was on the horizon and genetically modified his body to meet it head on."

"Yes but how would you know?" "My other brother Farley believed the Singularity is upon us and all we can do about it is hide off the grid."

"You said doubling transistors allows artificial intelligence. How would you know it had happened?" "My proof is my brothers are both dead."

"A himself told me he killed Willum!" "Did he? If you wanted to kill someone, would you use fast dissolving sutures and a race track tune?"

Didn't A admit he killed Willum? I scroll back to our conversation in the holding cell just yesterday. It seems like it happened months ago!

I find the place on Twitter where A admitted his guilt. No, that's where I found it last time I searched on Twitter. I keep scrolling.

The Twitter Mystery continues daily at 
@Twitstery

No comments:

Post a Comment