Monday, June 22, 2015

Our Peaceful Ways — Live-Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues

Here are Week 126 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!

Regi says "I never thought of Farley as evil. Overly impulsive, but not actually evil." "Don't you get it? The Singularity killed him!"

"An intelligent computer targeted and vaporized Farley?" "What other possible explanation is there for his death?" "That's ridiculous!"

I'm listening to and tweeting this uncle/niece dispute. I say "Do I have time to change clothes and eat something before computers stop me?"

Rachel says "Why bother if intelligent computers are about to kill us all?" I also need a bathroom, but I decide not to make that public.

Rachel continues "Anyway since when did you become an advocate for 'The Singularity will kill us all' School?" "Stuart has convinced me."

"Let's look at the facts." "Must we?" "#1: I didn't kill Farley." "Oh! I've got #2: I also didn't kill Farley." "That's not how this works."

We stare at each other. Stuart says "Well I certainly didn't do it." "So you say." I continue. "FACT #2: My department thinks I did it."

"Unlikely. Between you and the AI, I'd put all my chips on the chips." "#3: I must clear my name to rejoin the force " "Also unlikely."

"I shouldn't clear my name?" "No. Yes. No. It won't get you back on the force." "Catching criminals is in my DNA!" "I wouldn't go that far."

"Though not genetics-based, there's lots of things you could do with your particular set of skills." "Like finding missing persons?" "No."

"Free kidnapped sex workers?" "Uh uh." "Unaided, topple criminal enterprises?" "Nope." "What then?" "Aflac needs for benefits consultants."

Regi says "Uncle Stuart. Do you really think Arkaby would make a good insurance agent?" "Yes, I do, especially if it's double indemnity."

I say "I won't consider any career change until I find Farley's killer and clear my name." Stuart says "I've told you who the killer is!"

"Either you're crazy or you're lying! Show me hard evidence!" "Evidence proving the AI killed Farley?" "No, evidence Aflac is hiring."

Stuart grabs my arm. "Mock me all you want. You'll be sorry." "Are you threatening me?" "You'll know when I'm threatening you!" "Maybe!"

I try to break his grip. He's stronger than he looks. I say "Where is this artificial intelligence? How did it kill Farley?" "I don't know."

"You don't know or you don't want to know?" "Both." Stuart finally releases my arm. "You're a bigger fool than I imagined." "I doubt that."

Regi says "Arkaby this isn't getting us anywhere. Let me try. You go change." Regi is right. I'm not going to get anything more out of him.

I realize I'm famished. "See if you can get anything out of him. Then, why don't you whip something up." "Oh I'll whip something all right."

I've used the bathroom and put on a spare suit when I hear sounds of struggle downstairs. I quickly slip on my shoes and run to the landing.

Deafening music shatters the darkness. Peering over the banister, I can just make out furtive shapes struggling in the center of the room.

The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery !

No comments:

Post a Comment