Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Turns In His Grave — Live-Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues


Here are Week 117 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!

The judge said "It wasn't Farley Granger's doppelgänger?" "No it was his twin brother Willum's." "He had a twin brother AND a doppelgänger?"

Now I was confused. Was that it? Did Willum Granger have a twin brother AND a doppelgänger? Sitting beside me in the car, Regi says "YES!"

I look up from my phone "Yes what?" "YES! There is a doppelgänger!" "That's what I was trying to tell the judge!" "I know who it is!" "Huh?"

Regi continues "It wasn't a ghost, clone or the walking dead. It MUST have been Stuart Granger! He's alive! ALIVE!" "I already know that."

"You already know that? How?" "It's elementary. Once you eliminate the improbable whatever remains, no matter how impossible, is the truth."

"You've got that wrong." "I made it up myself." "I don't think so. 'Though he might have been more humble, there's no police like Holmes.'"

"Then let's examine the facts. Fact 1: Someone who looks just like your father came to my office." Regi says "Maybe it was a disguise."

"If so it was a good one. He was a dead ringer. Fact 2: Farley was murdered while hiding from the imminent appearance of the Singularity."

Regi says "Maybe it was an accident." "If so it was a good one. Fact 3: Your uncle Stuart is considered dead, but his body was never found."

"Maybe it was a premature ejaculation." "If so it was a good one." “So they wrote him off too soon?” “It’s the only impossible explanation.”

"Of all the craziness we've experienced, that's what you find impossible?" "Improbably, yes." "What does it mean if Stuart is still alive?"

"Heads will roll. Two things. One: Stuart Granger is the doppelgänger not Farley. Two: He’s behind all of this and you're part of it." "Me?"

"The first thing the doppelgänger wanted me to do was rescue you from that medical school. He never told me why, but it must be important."

Watching the road Regi says "If your visitor was Uncle Stuart incognito it would explain why he wanted me shielded from the paradigm shift."

"OK. Why make it a mystery? Why play games?" "What games did he play with you?" "Knock knock." "Who's there?" "No. He played knock knock."

"You played knock knock with someone you thought long dead?" "Yes. It gave a new twist to the question 'Who's there?' "Or, who isn't there."

"What did he answer?" “‘Not who you think I am.'" "So Stuart thought that you thought that he was my father's spirit, back from the grave?"

"He answered in riddles. I don't know what he thought." "But what does it mean if Stuart is still alive?" "It means we have to find him."

Regi frowns "I don't think it means that. He'll find us when he's ready." "If he's alive." "Not if. When." "When what?" "When he's ready!"

"Yes. If he's alive." We drive on in silence. Finally Regi asks "Did you finish your prison story?" "It's not a story. It really happened."

"I entered jail clothed and left in my underwear." "I know. What did the judge say when you pleaded your case?" "She didn't believe me."

(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment