Sunday, December 28, 2014

Regi Can't Handle The Truth! — Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues

Here are Week 101 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!

This talking in consonants is really annoying. I realize B has changed the subject. "What goes on between Arkaby and me is our business."

"Yr bsnss hs bn twtd ll vr th ntrnt. Y'r twttng my wrds rght nw." "Arkaby told me to keep tweeting. I'm going to tweet until he's freed."

"Yr fnrl." B turns to leave. "Wait! You stopped following Twitter? That's why you don't know that Farley's dead and Arkaby's suspected?"

"Ys." "You haven't told me about you and mother. "W'r cnsntng adlts. Nn f yr bsnss." "I'll make it my business! What aren't you telling me?"

"Nthng." "You aren't telling me nothing? I don't understand."" B leans in whispering "Frly's dth wsn't n ccdnt." "I still don't understand."

"W cn't tlk hr. Th wlls hv rs." "I didn't understand a word you just said." "Dammit. The walls have ears!” "Why didn't you just say so?"

B whispers "There's something about Willum and Farley you were never told." "What?" "They weren't twins." "You mean they weren't identical?"

The loud humming of the air conditioning falls silent. My mother, Rachel Lehcar, stands at the Beeviary entrance. "B! What are you doing?"

I haven't seen her since before med school. She walks by vacant hives and we hug. What's going on with her and B? "Hi Mom. What's shaking?"

Mom looks me over and says "Bunny, are you OK? What are you doing back from school?" "School ended early this term. It's a long story."

She touches the bandage covering my recent wound. "What happened to your arm? Why is your hospital scrub covered in blood?" "Farley shot me"

"He got a little crazy." "This is more than a little crazy. Why did he shoot you?" "He wasn't aiming at me. He aimed at Arkaby. He missed."

"Arkaby the detective?" "Farley ordered us to join him in his safe room. Arkaby refused." "Why?" "He was waiting for Dad's second autopsy."

Mom sits down on the divan. "My head is swimming. Another autopsy on Willum? Why? Who authorized his body be exhumed?" "Another long story."

"Put down the phone and tell me." "I can't. I promised Arkaby to tweet while he's in jail." "How can you do that and talk at the same time?"

"I think I'm getting the hang of it. B was telling me about Dad and Farley." "I hope he wasn't speaking out of turn." "No, out of vowels."

B says "RG nds t knw th trth." "She can't handle the trth." I say "What trth, I mean, truth? Mom, what don't I know about Dad and Farley?"

Mom and B exchange glances. "Tll hr Gd Dmn t!" "OK! Regi, you think Willum and Farley are twins." "Yes. Identical." "That's not quite true."

"They weren't twins?" "They were but there was another." "Another what?" "Another identical brother." "You mean?" "Yes. They were triplets."

"Dad had an other identical brother?" "Yes." "From another mother?" "No. That's just a rhyme." Now MY head is swimming. I sit next to Mom.

"What happened to the third Granger?" "It's a long story." "What is his name?" "It WAS Stuart." B says "Tht's NT th scrt." "What secret?"

(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at 
@Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment