Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fortwitten Love — Tweeted Mystery "The Golden Parachute" Continues!




Here are Week 84 @Twitstery tweets of The Golden Parachute, the amazing new sequel to Executive Severance!


I remember how hard it was to pull my pants up with numb fingers. Before I recovered, Regi's mother hustled her off, not to be seen again.



So here we are. Grasping my grey necktie, Regi pulls me towards her. We kiss and I ask "Did you just eat a petite madeleine?" "No. Why?"



"No reason. This is unfinished business?" "The start of it yes." We kiss. Regi says "You taste like licorice and crème de menthe." "Me too."



I loosen my tie and shrug off my jacket. Regi says "Are you getting ready to fight with me?" "No. I intend to surrender unconditionally."



Shifting out of her hospital scrubs, she pulls me on top. Again I taste the madeleine of her lips. I kiss her throat, and taste pomegranate.



I plant butterfly kisses on her breasts, tasting honey. I nibble an earlobe and taste earwax. Regi says "I have one question and a request."



"What?" "You traveled all the way to the Caribbean to 'rescue' me. You risked your job and your life without a thought of a reward. Why?"



"I love you." I brush my hand down her firm stomach. She says 'Mmm. That's nice! Lower." I say "I love you" in a deeper voice. She laughs.



"That's an old one." She pushes me so we roll over and she's on top. We kiss. "I think I love you too." "Just think?" "I'll let you know."



She loosens my belt. We both breathe in gasps. "So you rescued me because you love me?" I manage to say "Mfumph." "Then I have one request."



"Is… is your request that I use protection?'" "No. Yes! No, it's will you stop tweeting on that damn cellphone? Just for a while?" "Yes."



I am awakened sometime later by rapping on the chamber door. Regi lies beside me. She says "Let me sleep Ma. I'll look for a job tomorrow."



"Tis some visitor" I mutter "tapping at my chamber door. Only this and nothing more." "Open up!" says a familiar voice. I reply "Nevermore!"



Regi asks "Who is at tapping our chamber door?" "Tis the wind and nothing more!" Rixey and a police squad barge in. He says "Working hard?"



I brush back my raven hair and quote "Thing of evil! Bird or devil! What brings you here?" Rixey says "I came to catch you nearly napping."



Nearly? What means this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore? Unfazed, Regi dons her scrubs and murmurs "What a bore!"



Pulling on her shoes, she looks Rixey over. "Dressed up like a million dollar trouper. Trying hard to look like Gary Cooper. Super Dooper."



Rixey says "Is she putting me on?" "You're the Rix. Why the hell are you here?" "YOU called me." "Oh, right." "You can watch me in action."



Regi says "Who is this joker?" "Rixey, my Division chief." "You report to him?" "Sometimes." Rixey laughs. "Nevermore, if I can help it."



I have never seen Rixey with a hair out of place. His suit is always perfectly pressed, his tie perfectly tied, his shoes perfectly shined.


Regi is right. He does look like a million dollar trooper! I know how to deal with the likes of him. "Rixey, what is your problem?" "You."


(The Twitter Mystery continues daily at @Twitstery)

No comments:

Post a Comment